Home Page Like Us! Twitter

Q:  Hey Gina, how do I know if my auto insurance covers my rental car?

A:   Your personal auto insurance, including all limits and deductibles, extends to almost any rental car you drive. That means, if you carry comprehensive and collision coverage on your vehicle, you’ll be protected against physical damage to your rental car. Your liability coverage also applies when you get behind the wheel of a rented vehicle.

A good place to start out is by calling your independent insurance agent to find out what kind of coverage you have and what your limits are.

Rental car companies can charge $10-$50 or more per day for their insurance, so it’s a good idea to understand what coverage you’re receiving if you do choose to purchase it.

Your credit card company may also offer additional secondary coverage if you use their card for your car rental.

When it comes to determining what coverage will work best for your unique situation, having an independent agent who can answer your questions and watch out for your best interests is always a smart decision.

Have more questions? Give us a call today at Coggins Insurance - 850-457-3299!

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2019
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014
  • 2013

View Mobile Version