Home Page Like Us! Twitter

Frequently Asked Questions

Below are some of our frequently asked questions. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

  1. What are your business hours?
  2. What types of payments do you accept in your office?
  3. What forms of payments does my insurance company accept:
  4. What types of insurance do you sell?
  5. Does my house require a 4 Point Inspection?
  6. Why Should I Buy Homeonwers Insurance?
  7. What is the difference between Replacement Cost and Actual Cash Value?
  8. Do I need to invetory my home?
What are your business hours?
We are open Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.

Back to Top

What types of payments do you accept in your office?
Our office accepts the following forms of payments:

Personal Checks
Money Orders
Cashier Checks
Credit/Debit Cards*

*(Credit/Debit cards will be accepted for online payments only.  Please note that not all carriers will accept all forms of credit cards.  Visa/Mastercard is accepted by most of our companies.  Universal Property & Casualty is the only company that will not accept Credit/Debit Cards but will accept an Electronic Check as a form of payment)

Back to Top

What forms of payments does my insurance company accept:
Please click here to take you to the company websites to get information on the types of payments accepted for your carrier.

Back to Top

What types of insurance do you sell?
We sell the following types of insurance:

Builder's Risk
Commercial Auto
Commercial General Liability
Commercial Business Property
Condo (Owner and Tenant Occupied)
Director's & Officers
Dwelling Fire
Errors & Ommissions
Garagekeeper/Garage Liability
Homeowner's Association
Inland Marine
Personal Liability
Volunteer Fire Departments
Worker's Compensation

Back to Top

Does my house require a 4 Point Inspection?
Most companies require a 4 Point Inspection to be submitted with the application if the home is 30 years or older on average.  This will vary depending on the type of homeowner's insurance you are purchasing.  Please ask our office for specifics.


Back to Top

Why Should I Buy Homeonwers Insurance?

Homeowners insurance helps pay to repair or rebuild your home and replace personal property due to a covered loss. The term “homeowners’ policy” simply means you have a package policy that includes coverage (1) against the insured’s property being destroyed or damaged by various perils (causes of loss) and (2) coverage for personal liability exposures of the insured. A homeowners’ policy includes coverage for the residence premises, unattached structures, personal property and personal liability.

Personal Liability covers you for non-automobile related injuries to other people, or damage to their property, for which you are legally responsible. It also provides coverage for your defense in the event you are sued by the injured party. While a “homeowners’ policy” is the most common and the most desirable there are other property forms available.

There are various types of residential insurance including homeowner, condominium, renters and mobile home. All of these types provide property and liability coverage. The property coverage insures against perils such as fire, wind, hail, vandalism, and theft. The perils covered depend on the type of policy you purchase.

Homeowner’s policies do not include coverage for flood. If you need flood insurance, contact our office.

Back to Top

What is the difference between Replacement Cost and Actual Cash Value?
Replacement cost is the amount necessary to repair or replace your damaged property with materials of similar kind and quality, without deducting for depreciation (the decrease in the value of your home or personal property due to normal wear and tear). Actual cash value is the amount needed to repair or replace damage to your home or personal property after depreciation. For example, the insurance company would deduct for the age and condition of a 17-year-old roof with a 20-year life expectancy.

Most replacement cost policies require you to carry a certain percentage of the replacement value (normally 80%) at all times. If you fail to carry the correct amount of coverage, you may be responsible for a percentage of a partial loss. For instance, if you carried a $100,000.00 coverage limit when in fact the amount needed to meet the policy requirements is $200,000.00 and you have a partial loss of $50,000.00, the company would only pay $25,000.00 of the partial loss which is 50% of the loss.

The formula used in the example above is amount carried / amount needed * the amount of loss = the amount payable by the insurer.

Back to Top

Do I need to invetory my home?
It is recommended that you conduct a room-by-room inventory so that if you have a claim caused by any of the covered perils in your insurance policy, you will be able to file an accurate claim and get better claims results.

Be sure to include the main rooms of the house, but don’t forget other areas such as closets, basement, attic, garage, porch, patio, workroom or shed. When checking these areas, be sure to check all items. It’s also a good idea to photograph your personal property. Pictures add details to your inventory that written documents can’t. Also be sure to include the year of purchase, price and brand name.

Once you’ve completed your home inventory, compare the estimated value of your items to the amount of insurance coverage your current policy has.  Also, you may want to check with your insurance agent or company to determine if you have any items that are underinsured, or if you need any additional coverage.

It’s very important to update your inventory at least once a year. Remember, your claim settlement depends on you supplying accurate, documented information.

Back to Top